Indian Visa On Arrival
Indian Visa On Arrival is an easy and convenient way for visitors to obtain a visa for India without having to physically visit the Indian Embassy. You can apply for an Indian OnlineTourist Visa, Indian OnlineBusiness Visa, and Indian Online Medical Visa. This new electronic visa process saves you time and effort while also making the visa application process much simpler.
The Indian government introduced a new and convenient way to apply for a visa called the Indian Visa on Arrival (eVisa India) in the past. Initially, it was only available for a few countries and for tourists who wished to explore India for leisure. However, the Indian Visa policy has undergone a complete overhaul since then. Now, visitors coming to India for Business or Medical treatment can also apply for an Indian Visa on Arrival, which is now known as the Indian e-Visa.
The Indian e-Visa is the easiest and most convenient way to visit India. You don't need to visit your local Indian Embassy to obtain it. Instead, you can apply for it online, which is available to many more countries. With the Indian e-Visa, you can complete the application process online and make the payment online too. Once approved, you will receive your Indian e-Visa by email. It's important to note that the Indian e-Visa is a completely online process.
The payment is made online, and you will receive the e-Visa by email. So, if you're planning to visit India for business, medical treatment, or leisure, the Indian e-Visa is the most convenient and hassle-free option. You can apply for it right here without leaving your home.
Eligibility Criteria for the New India Visa on Arrival
To be eligible for the New India Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of one of the 180+ countries eligible for the Indian Visa.
- Your visit must be for tourism, business, or medical treatment purposes, not for work or employment.
- Your stay in India must not exceed 180 days at a time.
- You must enter the country through certain authorized Immigration Check Posts, including 28 airports and 5 seaports.
- There are four different types of Indian e-Visas available: Indian Tourist e-Visa, Indian Business e-Visa, Indian Medical e-Visa, and Indian Medical Attendant e-Visa. You must meet the specific eligibility conditions for the type of visa you are applying for.
- Note that you do not need this Visa if you are only planning to stay at the airport for a layover or transfer.
Applying for the New India Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa is a convenient and easy process. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the e-Visa online and receive it via email.
Requirements for the New India Visa on Arrival
If you're planning to apply for the New India Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa, there are some requirements you need to meet. Here are the details as provided by the Government of India:
- You need to have an electronic or scanned copy of the first (biographical) page of your passport, which should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into India. If your passport is not valid for that long, you'll need to renew it.
- Your passport should also have two blank pages for entry and exit stamps by the border officers at the airport.
- You must comply with Indian e-Visa Photo Requirements, which include a recent passport-style colour photo of your face. You can take the photo with your phone.
- You need to provide a working email address.
- You'll need a debit card or a credit card to pay for the Indian e-Visa Application Fees.
- You should have a return or onward ticket out of India.
- There are specific requirements for each type of Indian e-Visa you're applying for.
Make sure you meet all these requirements before you apply for the Indian e-Visa.
Applying for the New India Visa on Arrival
If you're planning on visiting India, make sure to apply for the New India Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa at least 4-7 days prior to your travel date. Applying online is the only way to get this Visa and it can take up to 7 days for the Visa application to be approved. Once approved, you'll receive the e-Visa in a soft copy which you can print out and carry with you to the airport. You won't be able to get the New India Visa on Arrival at the airport as there is no paper equivalent for it. Also, remember to pay for the Visa application fees online with your debit or credit card. With the Indian e-Visa, you can explore the beautiful country of India without any hassle!
Conclusion for Indian Visa On Arrival
If you're planning a trip to India and meet all the criteria for the Indian Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa, the application process is quite simple. Just ensure that you have all the required documents and meet the eligibility requirements, which vary depending on the type of visa you're applying for. Once you have everything in order, you can easily apply for the Indian Visa Online and pay the application fee with a debit or credit card. If you have any doubts or questions regarding the application process, the e-Visa India Help Desk is available to provide guidance and support. They can assist you with any issues you may have and answer any questions you may need clarification on.
For those arriving in India via a cruise ship, there is guidance available specifically for cruise ship passengers applying for the Indian Visa Online (e-Visa India). This guidance can help ensure that you have all the necessary documents and meet the requirements for a successful visa application.
Additionally, if you need help with documentation for the visa application, the Indian e-Visa Document Requirements provide detailed information on what documents you'll need to submit. These requirements vary based on the type of visa you're applying for, so it's important to review them carefully to ensure that you have everything you need.