Indian 5-year Tourist Visa for US citizens
Eligibility for Indian tourist visa
- US citizens can easily apply for an India Visa Online without the need to visit an embassy or consulate.
- As a US citizen, you are eligible for a 5 Year e-Tourist Visa, which allows you multiple entries into India and stays of up to 90 days per visit.
- With the India e-Visa program, US citizens can enjoy fast and problem-free entry into India.
Are you a US citizen planning to visit India? Our platform offers the best way to apply for an Indian tourist visa. Please find out more about the India tourist visa cost and other requirements by visiting our website today. The India Tourist eVisa is an official document that allows you to easily enter and travel within India. Plus, it's electronically linked to your passport for convenience and security. In September 2019, the Indian Immigration Authority revamped its Tourist Visa policy to support the Prime Minister's goal of doubling the number of US tourists visiting India. Thanks to the changes introduced by Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel, US tourists can now apply for a long-term 5-year Indian Tourist Visa (India e-Visa). This is perfect for those planning to visit India multiple times within 5 years.
Categories of Tourist visa:
- India Tourist Visa for 30 days: This double entry visa is valid for 30 days from the entry date in India.
- India Tourist Visa for 1 year (or 365 days): This multiple entry visa is valid for 365 days from the date of grant of the e-Visa.
- India Tourist Visa for 5 years (or 60 months): This multiple entry visa is valid for 5 years from the date of grant of the e-Visa.
It's important to note that all the visas mentioned above are non-extendable and non-convertible. So, make sure to choose the right one for your needs. Apply for your India Tourist Visa now and prepare for an exciting trip!
US citizen's 5-year tourist e-Visa stay notice
The maximum continuous stay during each entry should not exceed 180 days. To simplify your visa process, you can apply for a 5-year Tourist e-Visa online, which is usually issued within 96 hours. It's recommended to apply at least 7 days before your flight for peace of mind.
Activities that are permitted on 5-year Tourist e-Visa
- You're travelling for recreation or sightseeing purposes
- You're visiting friends, family, or relatives in India
- You're attending a short-term yoga program
Remember, as a US passport holder, your continuous stay during each entry cannot exceed 180 days. To avoid any last-minute stress, it's recommended to apply for the 5-year e-Tourist Visa at least 7 days before your flight.
Requirements for getting 5-year Tourist e-Visa
Here are the essential requirements you'll need to fulfil:
- Six months minimum validity of your passport from the date of your first arrival in India.
- A valid email address to receive updates on your visa application.
- A valid payment method, including credit/debit cards (MasterCard, Amex, Visa, etc.), Paypal, or a UnionPay account.
Top places to visit for US citizens in India
- Taj Mahal in Agra - The iconic monument of love is a must-see in Agra, which is also home to other historical Mughal-era sites and a city rich in culture and heritage.
- Ladakh or Little Tibet - Situated in Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh is a major attraction for its exceptional beauty and culture, featuring ancient Buddhist monasteries and lovely weather.
- Sikkim - This small and charming state is surrounded by beautiful mountains and boasts a colourful mix of Tibetan and Buddhist cultures.
- Kerala - Perfect for couples or family vacations, Kerala offers serene beaches, Ayurveda resorts, natural spas, tea and spice plantations, and more.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands - A colourful and amazing destination with beautiful beaches, water sports, elephant safaris, and delectable seafood.
- Darjeeling - Home to the world-famous Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, this scenic destination is renowned for its lush tea plantations and aromatic Darjeeling Tea.
- Jaipur - The "Pink City" is a sea of forts and palaces, including the City Palace, Amer and Jaigarh Forts, Jantar Mantar Observatory, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the Lakshmi-Narayan Temple.
- Rishikesh - Nestled at the foothills of the Himalayas, Rishikesh is a spiritual hub with many great ashrams, temples, and Yoga programs. The Beatles visited the "Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram" in the 1960s, making it a place of great significance for Americans and music lovers.