Introducing the 5-year India Tourist e-Visa
If you're a tourist planning to visit India for a trip and you want to travel to India in the long run, you can apply for a 5-year Indian Tourist e-Visa. The Indian Immigration Authority has recently made significant changes to their Tourist e-Visa policies to double the number of tourists visiting India, as part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision. The tourism minister, Prahlad Singh Patel, has announced changes to the Indian Online Visa which increases the number of foreign tourists visiting India and work together towards that goal.
Starting from September 2019, the new long-term 5-year India e-Visa is now available for foreign tourists who wish to visit India multiple times over a period of 5 years.
Categories of tourist e-Visa available
- Tourist e-Visa 30 days: Valid for 30 days from the date of entry in India with double entry.
- Tourist e-Visa for 1 Year (or 365 days): Valid for 365 days from the date of grant of e-Visa with multiple entries.
- Tourist e-Visa for 5 Years (or 60 months): Valid for 5 years from the date of grant of e-Visa with multiple entries.
The visas mentioned above cannot be extended or converted to another type of visa.
Stay notice for 5 year Tourist e-Visa
- Continuous stay during each visit: 90 days for all nationalities except citizens of the USA, UK, Canada and Japan
- Continuous stay during each entry: 180 days for citizens of the USA, UK, Canada and Japan
The 5-year Tourist e-Visa is usually issued within 96 hours, but it's recommended to apply at least 7 days before your flight. Also, keep in mind that all visas mentioned above are non-extendable and non-convertible.
What do you require to get a 5 year Tourist e-Visa?
If you're planning to apply for a 5-year India Tourist e-Visa, there are a few essential requirements that you need to fulfil, including:
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of your first arrival in India
- An active email ID
- A valid payment method such as a debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, etc.), UnionPay, or a PayPal account
Make sure you meet these requirements before applying for your e-Tourist Visa to ensure a hassle-free application process.Clich here to out the Indian e-Visa documents requirements for more details.