Indian 5-year Tourist Visa for UK Citizens
Eligibility for Indian Tourist Visa
- UK citizens can easily apply for an India Visa Online without the need to visit an embassy or consulate.
- As a UK citizen, you are eligible for a 5 Year e-Tourist Visa, which allows you multiple entries into India and stays of up to 90 days per visit.
- With the India e-Visa program, UK citizens can enjoy fast and problem-free entry into India.
Are you a UK citizen planning to visit India? Our platform offers the best way to apply for an Indian Tourist Visa. Please find out more about the India Tourist Visa Cost and other requirements by visiting our website today. The India Tourist eVisa is an official document that allows you to easily enter and travel within India. Plus, it's electronically linked to your passport for convenience and security. In September 2019, the Indian Immigration Authority revamped its Tourist Visa policy to support the Prime Minister's goal of doubling the number of UK tourists visiting India. Thanks to the changes introduced by Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel, UK tourists can now apply for a long-term 5-year Indian Tourist Visa (India e-Visa). This is perfect for those planning to visit India multiple times within 5 years.
Categories of Tourist Visa:
It's important to note that all the visas mentioned above are non-extendable and non-convertible. So, make sure to choose the right one for your needs. Apply for your India Tourist Visa now and prepare for an exciting trip!
UK citizen's 5-year tourist e-Visa stay notice
The maximum continuous stay during each entry should not exceed 180 days. To simplify your visa process, you can apply for a 5-year Tourist e-Visa Online, which is usually issued within 96 hours. It's recommended to apply at least 7 days before your flight for peace of mind.
Activities that are permitted on 5-year Tourist e-Visa
- You're travelling for recreation or sightseeing purposes
- You're visiting friends, family, or relatives in India
- You're attending a short-term yoga program
Remember, as a UK passport holder, your continuous stay during each entry cannot exceed 180 days. To avoid any last-minute stress, it's recommended to apply for the 5-year e-Tourist Visa at least 7 days before your flight.
Requirements for getting 5-year Tourist e-Visa
Here are the essential requirements you'll need to fulfil:
- Six months minimum validity of your passport from the date of your first arrival in India.
- A valid email address to receive updates on your visa application.
- A valid payment method, including credit/debit cards (MasterCard, Amex, Visa, etc.), Paypal, or a UnionPay account.
Top places to visit for UK citizens in India
- Experience the charm of the Golden Triangle- it includes the cities of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. Get ready to witness a mixture of beauty, tradition, and architecture.
- Party in Goa - If you love music and partying, Goa is famous for its electronic dance festivals. Hilltop Festival and Ozora's of Goa are held every year in February.
- Comfort in spiritual sites - Witness yogis performing rituals along the holy Ghats of the Ganges and explore the many yoga and meditation centers in Rishikesh. In the South, Madurai and Tiruchirappalli are two must-visit destinations.
- The Call of the Mountains - India has many hill stations in Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand, and Himachal Pradesh. Nainital, Mussoorie, Ranikhet, and Himachal Pradesh's Dharamshala, Dalhousie, and Shimla (summer capital during British Raj) are popular destinations.
- Relax on the beaches- You can go on the black sand beaches of Kerala's pristine beaches like Varkala and Kovalam or experience Ayurvedic treatment.
- Experience historic architecture - In the north, you can see the influence of the British, Rajput, and Mughal styles, while the South has been influenced more by the Portuguese. Khajuraho is another famous place to visit that displays a series of artworks through their temples. Ellora and Ajanta Caves in Aurangabad are also the most famous destinations.
- Explore wildlife and majestic tigers - In addition to the Tiger Reserve in Ranthambore and Corbett National Park, do not miss the largest collection of Asian Lions in Gir Forest National Park in Gujarat and rhinoceros in Kaziranga National Park in Assam.