Indian e-Visa Restoration
As of March 30, 2021, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has reinstated the India e-Visa facility for citizens of 156 countries.Following are the e-Visa types:
- The e-Business Visa is available for those travelling to India for business purposes.
- The e-Medical Visa is available for those travelling for medical reasons.
- Those accompanying e-Medical Visa holders can apply for an e-Medical Attendant Visa.
Please note that the Tourist e-Visa under the Tourist category is currently suspended.
- The Facility available for e-Visa is not available citizens of Canada, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia.
India had made e-Visa available to citizens of 171 countries before the restrictions were announced in 2020. However, in October 2020, India restored all existing visas (excluding all types of e-Visas, tourist, and medical visas) that allowed foreigners to come to India for business, conferences, employment, education, research, and medical purposes after availing regular visas from missions and embassies abroad.
All about Indian e-Visa
- India offers e-Visa in major categories like e-Tourist, e-Business, conference, e-Medical, and e-MedicalAttendant.
- Foreign nationals can apply for an e-Visa online four days before their intended travel date.
- Upon completing the application and payment, an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) will be generated and must be presented at the immigration check post upon arrival.
- Entry through e-Visas is permitted only at 28 designated international airports and five major seaports in India.