Sail to India with ease: Apply for an Indian e-Visa for Cruise Ship Travelers
Travelling by cruise ship is an experience like no other. It offers a unique blend of relaxation, adventure, and exploring different ports. Seeing India from a cruise ship is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will give you a new perspective on this beautiful country.
To travel to India on a cruise ship, you must apply for an Indian Tourist e-Visa, specifically for Cruise Ship Passengers. This visa allows you to enter India and explore its wonders. Here are the types of visas available:
- 30 Days Indian e-Visa for Tourists: allows entry twice for Cruise Ship passengers
- 1-Year Indian e-Visa for Tourists: allows multiple entries for Cruise Ship travellers. This is perfect for those planning to visit India three or more times.
- 5-Year Indian e-Visa for Tourists: allows entry twice for Cruise Ship passengers.
It's easy to apply for an Indian e-Visa for Cruise Ship online without having to visit the local Indian Embassy in your country. Here are some Indian Visa Requirements for Cruise Ship Passengers that you need to keep in mind:
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in India
- You need to have a return ticket or onward journey ticket
- You should have sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in India
- You need to provide a recent passport-sized photograph (see Indian Visa Photo Requirements for Cruise Ship Passengers)
When can you apply for a Visa to India for Cruise Ship Passengers?
Are you planning to visit India on a cruise ship? If yes, then you need to meet some India Visa Requirements for Cruise Ship Passengers. Here's what you need to know to make the process easy and hassle-free:
- Scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport (valid for at least 6 months from your date of entry to India)
- Recent passport-style colour photo of your face (can be taken with a phone)
- Working email address
- Debit or credit card for payment of application fees
- Details about your trip within and from India
- Return or onward ticket out of the country
Biometric data is no longer a requirement for cruise ship passengers, making the process simpler and quicker.
- You must be a citizen of a country eligible for an Indian Visa.
- Your cruise ship must leave from and make stops at authorised seaports such as Mumbai, Chennai, Cochin, Mormugao (aka Gao), and New Mangalore (aka Mangalore) Which e-Visa to apply for?
- If your cruise has only one or two stops in India, apply for the 30-Day Tourist e-Visa
- If your cruise has more than two stops in India, apply for the 1 Year Tourist e-Visa
Applying for an Indian Visa is a straightforward process, and if you meet the eligibility conditions and requirements, you should be able to apply and get your visa without any difficulties. However, if you need any help or guidance, feel free to contact our helpdesk.