Checklist for Indian Business Visa
If you're planning a business trip to India, you'll need to obtain an India Business e-Visa. This official document allows you to travel within India for commercial or business purposes, such as attending meetings, trade fairs, and exhibitions. Keep in mind that a Tourist e-Visa is not suitable for business activities, and doing so may result in penalties. Fortunately, applying for an India e-Business Visa is a simple process that can be done online. Just make sure you have all the required documents on hand, which we've listed below. With this information, you can confidently apply for your India e-Business Visa and get ready for your trip.
Documents required for business e-Visa
- Passport - Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from your departure date. This is a basic requirement for any international travel.
- Passport Information Page Scan - You will need an electronic copy of the biographical page of your passport, which is the page that contains your photo, name, and other personal information. You can take a high-quality photo or scan this page and then upload it as part of the India Business Visa application process.
- Digital Facial Photograph - You will also need to provide a digital photo of yourself, which will be used for your visa. The photo should clearly show your face, and you should not reuse a photo from your passport. To take the photo, stand against a plain wall and use your phone or camera to snap a picture. If you want to know in detail about Indian visa photo requirements click here. If you want to know in detail about Indian visa passport requirements click here.
- Business Card - A copy of the Business card is required for the Indian Business Visa application process. If you do not have a business card, you can provide a business letter from an Indian visa explaining the requirement. In the absence of a business card or letter, you can provide your business name, email and signature as an alternative.For Example:
- Company name - Know the full name of the company you will be visiting. Make sure you also provide the full address of the company so you can easily find it. It's a good idea to check out the company's website before your visit to get an idea of their products or services. Having these details can make your visit to India much smoother and help you make a good impression on your business.
With these requirements fulfilled there are two more important requirements:
- Valid Email address: Make sure you provide a valid email address that will be used during the application process. Once your India e-Business Visa is issued, it will be sent to this email address.
- Sufficient funds: You'll need a Debit/Credit card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex), UnionPay or PayPal account to make the payment for your Indian e-Business Visa. Ensure that the account has enough funds to cover the fees.
1 Year Business e-Visa
If you're planning to travel to India for business purposes, the Indian Business e-Visa is valid for 365 days from the date of issue. This official document allows you to stay in India for a maximum of 180 days, with multiple entries allowed during the duration of your visa.
Following are the activities allowed under Business e-Visa
- Setting up an industrial or business venture
- Buying or selling goods through purchase or trade
- Attending technical or business meetings
- Recruiting manpower
- Participating in exhibitions, business or trade fairs
- Contributing as an expert or specialist to an ongoing project
- Conducting tours and exploring business opportunities in India